Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Dropping in to say Hi! - Page 2 5nvklj

Dropping in to say Hi! - Page 2 9tpt39

5 posters

Dropping in to say Hi!

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4790
    Times User Thanked: : 938

Dropping in to say Hi! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dropping in to say Hi!

Post by Cloud Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:42 pm

Hugs Spirithawk

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers constantly, we all have, Mermaid, Dragon and I.... stay strong.. you will make it through, I promise, it'll be worth it in the end.... for now, one hour at a time Dropping in to say Hi! - Page 2 3545142267 it's easy for me to say, I know. But I am hearing all of the devastation and stress from having so little to work with and so many bumps in the road. You are both doing all you can as a couple and remember, slow and steady wins the race, always. If they ghosted you, those workmen, they did you a favour because they most likely would have done a rubbish job anyway. Number 1 rule, if they can't answer and respond to you on time, they probably slack a lot at work on the job, too. Asking your Angels to wrap their wings around you all and give you the strength, faith, and signs to remind you to keep on and not give up

No rush in coming back, take your time and just come on whenever you are able, but thank you for letting us know x

Quality over quantity.✌️

Dragon likes this post

spirithawk06
    spirithawk06
    Full  Member

Female Zodiac : Cancer Posts : 30
    Times User Thanked: : 34

Post by spirithawk06 Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:51 am

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I can honestly say that this just really sucks, and that is the mother of all understatements.

I promised a more detailed update, so here it is. I seem to have arrived too early to catch anyone in chat.

We lost about 90% of our belongings. I'm still working on the contents list and am at line 515 (not including the multiples) of stuff and still have 333 pictures to sort through and make sure we recorded everything before submitting the list to the adjuster. There's only so much I can take before I have to walk away. It's hard typing a list of your belongings knowing that you'll never be able to replace everything you've lost, especially when it was something handmade or with sentimental value. I've had to really force myself to detach from what we lost. It doesn't help that almost everything is still in a huge pile right outside my door. It's a constant reminder of what we lost. I get that it's just material things, but we worked hard for what we had, and it was gone in a matter of hours.

The water mitigation company left my property a mess. I have rubble and contents all over my yard. They cut 6 wires and left them uncapped, so even though I got my electrical meter fixed and my power turned back on, we can't turn the breakers on in the house because of the wires. We'd either burn the house down or electrocute someone. The mold is spreading fast and the water mitigation company is giving me the runaround. They broke 37 out of 40 face plates for sockets and light switches, left nails, staples, and screws sticking out all over, destroyed light fixtures, filled plumbing up with drywall, cut water lines, destroyed some of the remaining drywall, etc. The guy wants me to hire an electrician and just bill him. (I have no way to do that and it's not my mess up, so why should I be the one to do the leg work to hire an electrician?)

My insurance company hasn't responded back to me since October 27. I was supposed to be assigned a new desk adjuster, but I haven't received word or a response to my email. I've hired a lawyer. I posted pictures of the mess I've been dealing with and one of my husband's cousins tagged a local lawyer. He commented on the post and offered to look at my situation. I sent him the info he requested and had a long conversation with him about my case. He's been quick to get things done already, so *fingers crossed* that the insurance pays up. They expect me to completely strip, wrap, and replace siding on my house, all 8 windows and both doors need to be replaced, some subfloor, outer wall, and studs need to be replaced. No room has a fully intact ceiling. I have 2 walls and a half wall remaining, but some of those walls will have to come out because there is live mold on it. I have a 2 page list of stuff that they should have covered and didn't include in the report. They're expecting me to rebuild everything but the outer walls for 50K. I MIGHT be able to get materials for that price. They didn't cover removing the tree from my house, my septic system, some of my crown molding, the windows and doors, the electrical, the chain wall cracks, etc.

I haven't heard back from the contractor who was supposed to be helping, and I'm not going to keep chasing him down. I am waiting to hear back from the contractor who helped build our metal roof (my insurance depreciated a 19 day old roof by $91.) His team did a great job and I would have hired him already if not for the fact that he lost his home and wasn't working right away. It's frustrating.

My husband was diagnosed with a "slightly" misaligned spine and arthritis. We knew something was wrong but he was too stubborn to go to the doctor. He was a carpenter, but we can't do all the projects at the house because he just can't do it anymore. He also got into a mild accident. No one was hurt but our car was not drivable. It was in the shop almost a month and we just got it back yesterday.

I love my parents and am grateful for a roof over our heads, but we are really ready to go home. My horses are in a field they stripped down to the dirt and we are having to pump a bunch of hay and feed into them to keep their weight up because my pasture is so messed up with debris and downed fence.

Work has been utter chaos. We're team teaching, doing A/B schedule because we physically can't fit everyone in the school and I'm running back and forth from my room to my team room after every period. I also had an almost 2-week "fight" with T-Mobile to get them to unlock my and my husband's phone. I had to file an FCC and Better Business Bureau complaint to get them to do their jobs! We were lied to and treated like dirt.

I wish I knew how to check to see if we had some sort of "gris gris" on us, because this has just been one set back after another. We've had help and some wonderful people donated beds and mattresses to my kids since we lost their beds.

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that's the gist of it. We're just in limbo while our lawyer goes after my insurance company. We're his 5th clients with the same insurance. :(

I hope this finds you all well!

Dragon likes this post

Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1255

Post by Dragon Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:59 am

Dropping in to say Hi! - Page 2 B5e0a2ea7cf0aa3c965f0cb8c0bd3630

Sending Many Blessings, Healing and Much Much Love

Dropping in to say Hi! - Page 2 6a1c34264fae6aad83f2ef68d7c4e837

Cloud likes this post

spirithawk06
    spirithawk06
    Full  Member

Post by spirithawk06 Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:04 am

I hired a lawyer and the public adjuster he works with came last week. He said my entire house should have been gutted to the studs, ceiling and all and that we should have capped out on our policy. The house should have been considered totaled. I'm waiting for his final report. It was supposed to be done by Tuesday, but with Thanksgiving, I'm not surprised or upset that it's taking a bit longer. The guy who came had to take several clients from one of his coworkers due to a family emergency, so he was a bit swamped. The guy did a 3D rendering of my house and that looked pretty cool! I sent the first installment check to my mortgage but still can't get a contractor out to come give me an estimate so we can get the house fixed. I'm slowly chipping away at the debris by filling up my garbage can every Wednesday and Saturday until I can get the money to rent a dumpster. I have some money in my savings, but I don't want to spend it in case we need it for something more important. So for now, we're in limbo.

Dragon likes this post

Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1255

Post by Dragon Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:06 pm

Dropping in to say Hi! - Page 2 9fde12fd14e968f212057e7adb987be7

The ripples of the kind heart are the highest blessings of the Universe.

:love:

Cloud likes this post

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:35 am

Keeping you all in constant prayers and sending healing for resolution, strength, renewal and financial abundance & security 💜💜

Quality over quantity.✌️

Dragon likes this post

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:44 am

Hi Spirithawk 🙋‍�

... we are still keeping those prayers and good energies coming...

🤞🏻💛
    spirithawk06
    spirithawk06
    Full  Member

Post by spirithawk06 Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:25 am

Thank you! It's been quite the roller coaster lately and we're still in limbo with the house. It's looking like it will take a lot longer to rebuild than we had hoped. The thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Dragon likes this post

spirithawk06
    spirithawk06
    Full  Member

Post by spirithawk06 Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:29 pm

I haven't been able to catch anyone on chat in a bit, so I figured I'd update here.

My lawyer is about to send his final demand letter to my insurance. If they don't respond appropriately, we will be filing a lawsuit. I can't express just how nervous I am about this. One, the amount it will cost me will go up 10%, and two, the time this will take is going to put me even further into a bind.

Fema denied help rebuilding our house because we have insurance even though insurance will still leave us with over 40K less than what we will need to fix our house if we get policy limits, which we won't thanks to the water mitigation company that screwed us over.

The water mitigation company that screwed me over basically sent me an insultingly condescending email when I let them know that their work is subpar and completely unacceptable. They and the insurance have outright refused to provide me and my lawyer with any of the documentation they have regarding estimates and final totals. I only refrained from sending a nasty (but professional) response because my lawyer cautioned me not to.

My house now has to be completely stripped down to the studs, ceiling and all. Everything has to come out. There is mold on every stud, most of the ceiling joists, and much of the floor. I'm tired of waiting for contractors who haven't provided estimates. I'm in limbo and it sucks. The guy hired to redo my siding has now done 4 or 5 jobs since we were supposed to be next on the list and still hasn't ordered the metal that was supposed to be IN a month ago. We also found out that the roofer who installed my metal roof just used the asphalt vents that were already on the roof instead of replacing them with metal roof vents like they were supposed to. Needless to say, I'm mad.

My husband found out he has bulging disks in his lower back pressing against his nerves. The treatment will cost us 1,864 for JUST the preliminary injections before they can do a radio frequency ablation and we don't know how much the ablation will cost. So, we're back to where we were before with just a bit more information.

Zales messed up my wedding rings to the point where they had to be replaced. Not too happy about that. This is the second time they messed up. The first time, they broke my diamond. They wanted me to pay for a new extended warranty when it wasn't my fault that the repair shop messed up the rings. They ultimately replaced them without making me pay for the warranty.

I started ripping down the remaining walls myself because I'm tired of waiting.

I've missed several days of work due to illness and now my family and I have covid, all 5 of us. My eldest daughter will have missed a month of school due to quarantining from contact tracing and now from us catching it. So far, the symptoms aren't terrible, fever, cough, congestion, body aches, and dizziness are my symptoms. My husband has had the body aches and higher fever. The kids mostly have some congestion, a mild cough, and a bit of fever. My oldest is not doing well in school with all the chaos and her ADHD. We are adjusting her meds.

My Godfather is currently in the hospital not doing well at all. There's just too much going on to even begin to list, and it's not looking good.
    spirithawk06
    spirithawk06
    Full  Member

Post by spirithawk06 Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:46 am

My Godfather passed away Sunday. The medicine and machines were all that was keeping him alive and he continued to decline despite their best efforts. He didn't want to be kept alive by machines, so when it became obvious that he would not recover, my cousin and her sister chose to let him go. He died peacefully within 5 minutes of the ventilator being removed. I'm heartbroken but so proud of her and her sister for honoring his wishes, and I'm glad he's no longer suffering. He wanted to be cremated and his ashes spread where his childhood home was (it's under water now and he used to go fishing there often). We are hoping to go out and do that next weekend when my cousin can make it down from where she's living. He didn't want a funeral, just a celebration, so after my cousin's baby is born, we will plan a huge party. He loved good food, good company, and jokes, so that'll be a better way to honor his memory than standing around crying.

I have some good news to share! The contractors we hired to do our siding started today. They are also replacing our doors and fixing the floors that rotted out from the water pouring in around the door frames.

Progress! We also had some unexpected monetary blessings that have helped us tremendously with our repairs.

I was able to find another door and the windows we need! The contractor sent his brother to go pick it up. It was an hour away but the guy had to head that way for errands anyway, so he's going to pick up the windows.

I'm so excited to finally say goodbye to the sliding glass door I've hated since we had the house built. I would have had the builders change it, but I'd have had to pay 5k more just for them to change the door to a regular door. It's costing me less than 1k to remove the old door, frame the new one, and set the new door.

Oh! My flooring should be delivered tomorrow too! I'm super excited!Dropping in to say Hi! - Page 2 27366210

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:54 pm