Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? 5nvklj

Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? 9tpt39

5 posters

Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite?

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4775
    Times User Thanked: : 921

Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? Empty Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite?

Post by Cloud Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 am

Do you use cards? Tarot or Oracle

Care to share your favourite ones and why you like them?

I've had a few decks over the years, There was one in particular by Sonia Choquette. Liked them as they were constructive, they would not predict as much as they would advise the best way forward. And a bonus was the artwork on them. They were quite helpful for personal use and for readings .
    I gave them away but will always recommend those ones.

Had the Rider Waite Tarot, didn't think much of those. I won them in a competition and used them for a couple of years but they weren't for me. Still, useful and good if you are familiar with using the Tarot.

What about yours?

One more, I do like the Healing With The Angels deck by Doreen Virtue.

Cloud
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? Empty Re: Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite?

Post by Cloud Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:44 am

YehaNoha wrote:As of right now, the only deck I have used are Angel Cards... have not tried using other cards as I am still trying to learn how to use these ones....

YehaNoha

Love Angel cards Yeha Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? 3545142267 they are great. Always inspirational.
    They can take some time to adjust to, especially following the readings in the booklets. I never followed those would always pull three , past (left) present (middle) and future. Or would just ask a question then pull one .... joyful
    Anonymous

Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? Empty Re: Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Well as you know I've ordered through a friend of mine a copy of the Winged Enchantment Tarot which is similar to Shadowscapes Tarot in artwork and style, but I'm currently working with tarot of dreams and also sirian star seed tarot, both of which are very colourful decks so they happen to be my favorites at the moment. :)
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1246

Post by Dragon Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? Native-spirit-oracle-13586

Am drawn to Native tribal symbolism, healing, and visionary artwork.

Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? Spirit-wheel-meditation-06208

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Dragon wrote:Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? Native-spirit-oracle-13586

Am drawn to Native tribal symbolism, healing, and visionary artwork.

Card Decks - Tarot Or Oracle. Which ones are your favourite? Spirit-wheel-meditation-06208

Oh these are stunning, I see what you mean admire  beautiful art & with you being Native yourself, I can see why you like them

hugs2
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:43 am

newmel wrote:i have rider waite but sentimental they are ive used them quite a few times work great as my little brother who was a skeptic baught them for me for my birthday even let me read him he is passed now so they have very much sentimental value to them

hugs newmel I understand them being sentimental now. They are good cards for those who work well with tarot, yes joyful
    DeirdreMcCullough
    DeirdreMcCullough
    Full  Member

Female Zodiac : Aquarius Posts : 14
    Times User Thanked: : 0

Post by DeirdreMcCullough Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:03 am

I am a fan of the Rider Waite Tarot and I use them regularly; however, my first deck and the ones I use most often are my Marseilles tarot cards.

I can't really say for certain why they appeal to me over the others. I think it has to do with the artwork and imagery, and the history behind each deck. I find both visually enticing and I connect to their origins for different reasons. I chose the Marseilles Tarot because it was a French deck, and my direct maternal line is Acadian French (not the exact same, but it felt familiar enough). I like the simplicity, but also the hidden intricacy in them. I have also learned the multiple variations of names associated with each card in the Marseilles deck and how it could be applied to it (the French word and it's meaning). I liked having something like that, their history, and multiple names, to learn. It felt like peeling the layers of an onion or getting to know a beautiful and mysterious woman. She makes you cry and sweat and work for her secrets as you fall more and more in love with her.
    With the Rider Waite, they are just beautiful. They appeal to the artist in me and they feel like a labor of love. I think that's what's truly great about having so many options is that we can find the ones that speak to us, and which ones may work for different situations or times in our lives. The decks can grow with their readers, and perhaps which ones we are drawn to reveal something about us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm