Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale 5nvklj

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale 9tpt39

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale

Cloud
Cloud
Admin

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 3984
Times User Thanked: : 177

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale Empty Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale

Post by Cloud on Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:42 am

A friend wrote an article on here for ATN's blog on survivors of childhood trauma: worth reading

Living to tell the tale --

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Cloud on Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale Empty Re: Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale

Post by Cloud on Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:46 am

#OneCaringAdult
#OnecaringAdult Link
The premise for the #OneCaringAdult campaign comes out of the research on resilience. As part of the report from the National Scientific Council on the Developing Child shows, the adverse effects of childhood adversity can be counterbalanced.

These counterbalancing factors include the availability of at least one stable, caring, and supportive relationship between a child and the important adults in his or her life. These relationships begin in the family, but they can also include neighbors, providers of early care and education, teachers, social workers, or coaches, among many others. " (Source in Link Above)

Female Zodiac : Libra Posts : 28
Times User Thanked: : 12

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale Empty Re: Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale

Post by Nativelynn on Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:07 am

My childhood trauma ended me in the hands of a loving but patient foster mother who guided me through the hardest years of a girls life. She was the best influence I had through my teenage years. I had my ups and downs after my childhood but I have overcome them and am a better person for them.
Cloud
Cloud
Admin

Post by Cloud on Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:26 am

Nativelynn wrote:My childhood trauma ended me in the hands of a loving but patient foster mother who guided me through the hardest years of a girls life. She was the best influence I had through my teenage years. I had my ups and downs after my childhood but I have overcome them and am a better person for them.

Hugs NativeLynn

I am so glad you overcame it all. I was lucky enough to be placed with a nice foster family as well. I still keep in touch with them from time to time, and when I was a teen, I didn't really appreciate the fact I was placed in a home, they cut me off from contacting my family so I panicked and believed i'd be banned from talking to or seeing them ever again, but in hindsight now, I am thankful I was placed with that family, even if it was only for a few months.. it was what I needed at the time, even though I couldn't accept it at the time. It's been a constant life reminder for me, that even if you don't like it, it's not to say you don't need it. I am so glad that survivors of childhood abuse are coming forwards, or any kind of abuse for that matter, including domestic violence..Nobody should suffer. I went on a few years ago to work with teens who were in care/facing abuse/ troubled in general and loved it, the people who step in, non professionals included, are real life-savers. I didn't stick with it because I was too attached and had trouble with turning my back, always had a sense of wanting to do more that were out of my duties so I wont go back to that now but I'll forever be an advocate for children, women, men, and anybody (animals included) who have been mistreated. I'm glad you're in a happier place now.

Hugs kind

Female Zodiac : Libra Posts : 28
Times User Thanked: : 12

Post by Nativelynn on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:15 pm

I spent 7 years with my foster mother and loved her dearly. When I found out she had passed it was a few years later and was hurt that no one told me, but life must go on and here I am years later. She was my rock in the hard times and she helped me become who I am today in a lot of ways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:01 pm