Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Parrot mimicking fire alarm fools firefighters 5nvklj

Parrot mimicking fire alarm fools firefighters 9tpt39

Parrot mimicking fire alarm fools firefighters

Saturn
    Saturn
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Times User Thanked: : 2

Parrot mimicking fire alarm fools firefighters Empty Parrot mimicking fire alarm fools firefighters

Post by Saturn Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:09 pm

A parrot with the uncanny ability to replicate the sound of a fire alarm prompted an emergency call-out recently.
    Named Jazz, the 17-year-old African grey parrot quickly picked up the sound of his owner Steve Dockerty's smoke alarm after it kept going off due to a technical fault.

So convincing was the impression in fact that it ended up fooling the alarm operator over the phone.

"Every time the alarm goes off I get a call from the wardens and sometimes it goes off for no good reason," said Steve. "This time they asked me if everything was ok and I said it was but they could hear Jazz in the background and called the fire service as a precaution."

When firefighters arrived at the house they swept the premises for signs of a fire. It wasn't until the cheeky parrot did its impression again that they realized what had happened.

"He's a cheeky sod and likes to imitate things," said Steve. "He imitated the smoke alarm so well that they called the fire brigade. All the while, Jazz was sitting in his cage laughing his socks offs."

Source

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 am