Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

help with weight loss 5nvklj

help with weight loss 9tpt39

3 posters

help with weight loss

astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Virgo Posts : 638
    Times User Thanked: : 41

help with weight loss Empty help with weight loss

Post by astraldreamer Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi was wondering here if anyone could give me advice or know anything about weight loss, is there anything spiritual that can help.

I have a long history of eating disorderd thinking since the age of 6 years old.
    diabetes which isn't controlled very well no matter what I eat.

I am not actively bulimic or anorexic but I still have the disorderd thinking as I couldn't get any help from the doctors with that, I have guilt when I eat, feel guilty thinking about eating, think about skipping meals and I regularly jump on the diet pills bandwagon which I know never works but I still do it lol
    also I am not good at following diets or meal plans because im so funny with my eating that I literally only decided what im going to eat when I am hungry.
    if I was to make a plan and not stick to it for some reason I feel guilty and obsessions start, for the same reason it is dangerous for me to count calories.

I also have a chronic pain condition which really is limiting how much physical exercise I can do, as well as body issues which means I wouldn't be seen dead in a swimming costume, to enable me to do light impact exercise like swimming.

maybe there are crystals or something that can help, or am I a lost cause lol.
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4775
    Times User Thanked: : 921

help with weight loss Empty Re: help with weight loss

Post by Cloud Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:30 pm

:hugs: Astral

Good question

I know you spoke to me about what caused it so I feel it's going to be different to tackle than it would for most who don't have trauma or an eating disorder.. even if it hasn't been diagnosed you know it's a problem for you and you are the best judge , those doctors were no good and I really hope in future you find one who will listen

Until then the only thing I can think of from the top of my head is anything that will help you with self-love, or anything that will change your relationship with food you eat.. this is how I mean, rather than seeing the food as an enemy like you do now, I found it helped me a lot to re build my relationship with how I see food. I had an eating disorder about 15years ago and not eating was my way of taking back control over myself when life was out of control. It can work the opposite too. for some it's a comfort, it can take over your life having any kind of eating disorder I really feel for you
    I would see food as the enemy so I had to re program how I saw it. What helped me a lot was to read up on food. I got a few books  and they have every food you can imagine in it and breaks down what it contains and what it can help with medically and so on. I was obsessed with the control over it, and when I would eat i'd punish myself by skipping as much as I could the next day. it was a vicious cycle and I knew I had to break it so the easiest way for me was to affirm to myself...something like

Ok. I am eating dark chocolate but dark chocolate is good for me because ___it does this, and will help me stay healthy.. or

Ok, I am drinking milk but it contains calcium and we need that

I am eating this cereal but it's good because it contains fibre

Above all it was just affirming back to myself every time I ate that the food was doing something good for me. As even things like fats do play an important role in the cells in the body, in fact most things that are not processed are good for us in some way, even a glass of red wine is good for your heart..see where i'm coming from?

So I cant say specifically what you could try but I would say mindfulness..it's holistic, wont harm you, it's just about welcoming that little voice when you are shopping or preparing food.

Above all it was teaching myself I didn't need punishing,  I was just trying to regain control of life and made myself ill in the process.. your reasons are different to mine so I think inner child healing would help you a lot

We all have an inner child and when you've faced some trauma it can definitely have long lasting affects like disordered eating and so on, I wont go into much more here but if you want to talk more about the rest pm me anytime hugs

For losing weight, i'm thinking, gemstones, it depends again
    If it was lack of energy then maybe carnelian but
    if it's about healing, rose quartz wil never fail,

It will probably mean a combination, i'll do some searching

That aside , do you like green tea?? that's supposed to help speed up the metabolism, I believe it does

Stress hormone cortisol also can make you gain, I was shocked to learn that, over-stressed really does and can make it harder to lose weight so meditation every night even ten minutes or deep breathing

You will heal, just remind yourself you are worthy of healing hugs that it's not your fault , food is your friend and is going to help you stay healthy,

I agree to leave out calorie counting for now, it will just stress you out more, I understand

❤

Quality over quantity.✌️
    astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:49 pm

thank you cloud and sorry to hear you went through the same.
    I really like your idea of being mindful with food and giving a statement with everything I eat to reteach my body, I am definitely going to try that x
    Purplemoon86
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Cancer Posts : 205
    Times User Thanked: : 17

Post by Purplemoon86 Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:09 am

I have issues with food, which stem's from a bad childhood! i over eat when i'm happy,sad you name it, im at a healthy weight at the moment but my weight has been up and down, being short any weight i do gain shows badly, but i dont seem to ever be happy at ideal weight or overweight.

I agree with cloud try the green tea, i have found it helps a lot, i think the crystals are a fab idea aswell.

I think so of us will always have issues with food we can only take it a day at a time and not expect miracles to happen over night,

xx

Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:28 pm

thanks purplemoon, yes I have been drinking green teas, also nettle teas, need to get some dandelion tea as read it helps with bloating and I suffer with that very badly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm