Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Cold Reading 5nvklj

Cold Reading 9tpt39

3 posters

Cold Reading

Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1256

Cold Reading Empty Cold Reading

Post by Dragon Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:32 am

Cold reading is a set of techniques used by mentalists, psychics, fortune-tellers, and mediums.

Without prior knowledge, a practiced cold-reader can quickly obtain a great deal of information by analyzing the person's body language, age, clothing or fashion, hairstyle, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, level of education, manner of speech, place of origin, etc. during a line of questioning.

Cold readings commonly employ high-probability guesses, quickly picking up on signals as to whether their guesses are in the right direction or not, then emphasizing and reinforcing chance connections and quickly moving on from missed guesses.

Psychologists believe that this appears to work because of the Forer effect and due to confirmation biases within people

Source

Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Cold Reading Empty Re: Cold Reading

Post by Dragon Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:33 am

The Forer effect (Barnum statements)

The Forer effect relies in part on the eagerness of people to fill in details and make connections between what is said and some aspect of their own lives, often searching their entire life's history to find some connection, or reinterpreting statements in a number of different possible ways so as to make it apply to themselves.

"Barnum statements", named after P. T. Barnum, the American showman, are statements that seem personal, yet apply to many people.

And while seemingly specific, such statements are often open-ended or give the reader the maximum amount of "wiggle room" in a reading.

They are designed to elicit identifying responses from people.

The statements can then be developed into longer and more sophisticated paragraphs and seem to reveal great amounts of detail about a person.

A talented and charismatic reader can sometimes even bully a subject into admitting a connection, demanding over and over that they acknowledge a particular statement as having some relevance and maintaining that they are just not thinking hard enough, or are repressing some important memory.

Source

Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Post by Dragon Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:59 am

True Psychic needs no prompts.

Cloud likes this post

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4795
    Times User Thanked: : 941

Post by Cloud Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:25 am

Dragon wrote:True Psychic needs no prompts.

Amen !!! We need nothing. No date of birth or names, no hints. Give us a blank canvas, We need it , we prefer it

If anything , when you’re dealing with a real psychic or medium, it annoys and distracts us when you feed us information or hints or even if you interfere while we’re reading

We love that you give us nothing to go on

Why? Because spirit give us everything we need

- everything you need, to know in your heart, the proof that you’re hearing from a loved one. No guessing or maybe’s. You’ll know it’s them

- it’s very easy to give a cold reading, anyone with the general knowledge of a population in a particular country in a particular decade could fetch any generalised image of a persons life and appearance

WE DONT and never would dream of doing that

Don’t let them get you. They’re up there with other scammers. Wait for your unprompted confirmation before you listen to anything else. A real psychic would never be offended for you to wait for that

If anything a real psychic will be grateful you asked. It’s respectful to the dead

Real mediums care about the dead as if they were still alive
    We have respect for them and you and we value our ability to tap in

Money is the last thing on our minds
    Your smile and gratitude , and that of your deceased loved one, is enough.

Quality over quantity.✌️

Dragon and Mermaid like this post

dream jo
    dream jo
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Scorpio Posts : 362
    Times User Thanked: : 166

Post by dream jo Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:05 pm

One thing I have learned never ever fade the medium because they'll tell that in the first place this medium stimuline if it's a medium is genuine there were no other facts before you tell them whatever freedom never fade them
    Ions plus sometimes a fake medium but only tell you what you want to hear and that's not like that is not right I don't know that now

Cloud, Dragon and Mermaid like this post

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4795
    Times User Thanked: : 941

Post by Cloud Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:36 am

dream jo wrote:One thing I have learned never ever fade the medium because they'll tell that in the first place this medium stimuline if it's a medium is genuine there were no other facts before you tell them whatever freedom never fade them
    Ions plus sometimes a fake medium but only tell you what you want to hear and that's not like that is not right I don't know that now

Very true dream jo

We should never tell any medium/ psychic information or give any clues

Thanks for the reminder I’m sure it will be helpful for others

X

Dragon likes this post

dream jo
    dream jo
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Scorpio Posts : 362
    Times User Thanked: : 166

Post by dream jo Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:35 pm

[b][ get I know I get a lot information in dreams I do but I try to keep a drink journal so I can write them down straight away but the permanitions I get I'd like getting them especially about ones because I was gonna happen and I can't do nothing to stop it but I never further medium and often it in the past about realizing but as I get into it my mediumship learning along the way I try not to do that but as a medium I like to work with Yuma I like to work with laughter and Yuma and animals because animals make me laugh but be careful because there's a lot of people just for Grade and money and entertainment I do this for nothing because god gave me this gift so why should I charge play a lot of money
    If I ever come International I would only charge expenses for the hotel but I will shape hotel a very cheap hotel not an expensive hotel but I will not charge over expensive phase because it's so long
    Like if I do a service in my church I would say donate that money to the animal fund because animals is my love to bring through because I want to be an animal connection medium because animals bring you so much love and happiness I like animals because it's just so sweet native
    But when I've been animals though I felt happy and I was asked for animal to come through/b]

Dragon likes this post

Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Post by Dragon Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:19 pm

dream jo wrote: I know I get a lot information in dreams I do but I try to keep a drink journal so I can write them down straight away but the permanitions I get I'd like getting them especially about ones because I was gonna happen and I can't do nothing to stop it but I never further medium and often it in the past about realizing but as I get into it my mediumship learning along the way I try not to do that but as a medium I like to work with Yuma I like to work with laughter and Yuma and animals because animals make me laugh but be careful because there's a lot of people just for Grade and money and entertainment I do this for nothing because god gave me this gift

-------------------------------

Much respect and admiration for your "Reading Etiquette"

Keeping your energies balanced / grounded comes first, in not letting another's emotional / static energies in.

Diluting / taking away from the true form of vibrations.

dream jo wrote: I get I'd like getting them especially about ones because I was gonna happen and I can't do nothing to stop it

Well put, too right dream jo.

It is more about (helping), how one handles, and empowers self from their situations, for positive outcomes.

dream jo wrote:I like to work with laughter and Yuma and animals because animals make me laugh but be careful because there's a lot of people just for Grade and money and entertainment I do this for nothing because god gave me this gift

Totally with you on supporting one's backyard, as your "home" is the ground under your feet, to hold with honor in giving thanks.

Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Post by Dragon Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:33 pm

Cold Reading 0ea6f77a846a3d55a249b32bd2bcbf17

Lovely seeing you dream jo, deer sister.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:24 am