Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale 5nvklj

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale 9tpt39

4 posters

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4795
    Times User Thanked: : 941

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale Empty Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale

Post by Cloud Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:42 am

A friend wrote an article on here for ATN's blog on survivors of childhood trauma: worth reading

Living to tell the tale --

https://www.attachmenttraumanetwork.org/childhood-trauma-survivors-living-to-tell-the-tale/

Last edited by Cloud on Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Quality over quantity.✌️
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale Empty Re: Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale

Post by Cloud Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:46 am

#OneCaringAdult
    #OnecaringAdult Link
    The premise for the #OneCaringAdult campaign comes out of the research on resilience. As part of the report from the National Scientific Council on the Developing Child shows, the adverse effects of childhood adversity can be counterbalanced.

These counterbalancing factors include the availability of at least one stable, caring, and supportive relationship between a child and the important adults in his or her life. These relationships begin in the family, but they can also include neighbors, providers of early care and education, teachers, social workers, or coaches, among many others. " (Source in Link Above)

Quality over quantity.✌️
    Nativelynn
    Nativelynn
    Full  Member

Female Zodiac : Libra Posts : 36
    Times User Thanked: : 16

Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale Empty Re: Childhood trauma: Living to tell the tale

Post by Nativelynn Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:07 am

My childhood trauma ended me in the hands of a loving but patient foster mother who guided me through the hardest years of a girls life. She was the best influence I had through my teenage years. I had my ups and downs after my childhood but I have overcome them and am a better person for them.
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:26 am

Nativelynn wrote:My childhood trauma ended me in the hands of a loving but patient foster mother who guided me through the hardest years of a girls life. She was the best influence I had through my teenage years. I had my ups and downs after my childhood but I have overcome them and am a better person for them.

Hugs NativeLynn

I am so glad you overcame it all. I was lucky enough to be placed with a nice foster family as well. I still keep in touch with them from time to time, and when I was a teen, I didn't really appreciate the fact I was placed in a home, they cut me off from contacting my family so I panicked and believed i'd be banned from talking to or seeing them ever again, but in hindsight now, I am thankful I was placed with that family, even if it was only for a few months.. it was what I needed at the time, even though I couldn't accept it at the time. It's been a constant life reminder for me, that even if you don't like it, it's not to say you don't need it. I am so glad that survivors of childhood abuse are coming forwards, or any kind of abuse for that matter, including domestic violence..Nobody should suffer. I went on a few years ago to work with teens who were in care/facing abuse/ troubled in general and loved it, the people who step in, non professionals included, are real life-savers. I didn't stick with it because I was too attached and had trouble with turning my back, always had a sense of wanting to do more that were out of my duties so I wont go back to that now but I'll forever be an advocate for children, women, men, and anybody (animals included) who have been mistreated. I'm glad you're in a happier place now.

Hugs kind

Quality over quantity.✌️

dream jo likes this post

Nativelynn
    Nativelynn
    Full  Member

Female Zodiac : Libra Posts : 36
    Times User Thanked: : 16

Post by Nativelynn Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:15 pm

I spent 7 years with my foster mother and loved her dearly. When I found out she had passed it was a few years later and was hurt that no one told me, but life must go on and here I am years later. She was my rock in the hard times and she helped me become who I am today in a lot of ways.

dream jo likes this post

dream jo
    dream jo
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Scorpio Posts : 362
    Times User Thanked: : 166

Post by dream jo Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:32 pm

yep had a lot of trama haz a kid bean basly bulledd as a kid by kidds adultss evn techerss sum tehcers shud noyt of bean laod 2 tech well now 2020 thy wud not eb alod 2 coz of all na evdense ctv
    im 1980s i wz put on tehcr bshin if u mad a mistak he wud hit u sum tis bashh u psuuh shuv u arond 1 of my frnds toldd her mom coz hit her so hrd he carzd her 2 hav a epltic fit he did i saed 0 thm days no 1 did
    evn oth frind sad 0 npw 30 yr slat om mor we al speekin up abot him evn tho creep is no longr hear i justt hop wer he is he wil suff r for wot he did 2 us kids if he did 2 us kids wot did he do his wif kids maks me feal sic thngs abot it duz

thn bully it mad my if helll well i oftn wondr if kamra got her she wud get way of bullin coz by a no sertn tchr shes 2 pretty 2 be a bully im not pretyy zoz i wz jelloss nott cas i did noy lk bean buled or melnlty torchd by ths bully

thn a nor bully wz bad bully iy menly totchd me by wordss so on i hit her but evry 1 els tunrd on ths 1 bully i endd she had no frinds wishh maks feal sad sic but did she brng on her slf
    coz wen i hit her oldr kids giv me a hug saed well dun coz thy ban wantn 2 hit hr coz thy bean sic of her bullin othrs she wz
    Mermaid
    Mermaid
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Zodiac : Cancer Posts : 161
    Times User Thanked: : 138

Post by Mermaid Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:59 am

Hugs, Dream Jo, you will never be bullied here ... this is your safe place heartbeat

We are glad you are a member and happy to see you posting.

I'm sorry you had to go thru all of that.  I am happy to see you post about it as it shows your strength.

It's good for others who are bullied to see it is ok to talk about it and to know they are not alone.

yourock

Dragon likes this post

dream jo
    dream jo
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by dream jo Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:34 pm

thnx i no
    i no wen i
    it lst 2020 of all ctv in clas roomss
    no bullin polceyss in skools
    i hop 2 kids hav it mushh betr i hop thy do
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:55 am

Hugs dream jo!

I'm so happy that you feel able to talk about it here! Mermaid is right, talking about it is important

This happened when I was at school too, the teacher picked a boy up by the scruff of his neck and shoved him against the wall. Of course no CCTV but you are right in 2020 they wouldn't get away with it most of the time.... i say most of the time because I'm sure things happen rarely but at least we are all starting to talk about bullying now in 2020 it's more acceptable to talk about mental health, trauma, bullies and to hold people accountable for what they've done

Have you ever mentioned it to anyone else... I take it they have probably retired now... I am really proud you were able to share tha with us.

it's surprising how many people have been through these things but have not felt able to talk about it.. by talking about it you are encouraging others to feel like they can share their stories too

Bullies are cowards

Always report them, one at a time. They need to learn and sometimes the only way is by you taking legal action/calling police/reporting to (wherever it's happened)... you are right CCTV is really helpful

I don't let anybody talk to me like rubbish, even if it's the customer services in Asda.. nobody has the right to treat you in a way that is discriminatory or nasty, sarcastic or rude...

Hugs we are really glad you are here

stay warm.... it's getting colder out there..

hugs

Quality over quantity.✌️

Dragon likes this post

dream jo
    dream jo
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by dream jo Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:35 pm

lottss of us is speekin bot in on fb on skool pag evn jids befr my tim hed hit thm 2
    but 1980s/90s ther wz no ctv lk i saed dna wz not ass gud a it is now
    no bullin poleyy rull wz not arond mushh in 1980s/90s vn 70s/60 wz bad i no

thm days tehcr let pretty kids get way on bullin
    but tg to dayss kidss hav it betr thn we do

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:09 am