Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Letting go of unhealthy friendships 5nvklj

Letting go of unhealthy friendships 9tpt39

2 posters

Letting go of unhealthy friendships

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4790
    Times User Thanked: : 938

Letting go of unhealthy friendships Empty Letting go of unhealthy friendships

Post by Cloud Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:37 am

What would your advice be to someone who is struggling to cut off from people (be it friends, relatives, lovers) who are unhealthy for them?

Sometimes it's very easy to feel overwhelmed with guilt for letting go or cutting people out of our lives, even though we know it's for the best.

What would your advice be to someone struggling with this?

Quality over quantity.✌️
    astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Virgo Posts : 638
    Times User Thanked: : 41

Letting go of unhealthy friendships Empty Re: Letting go of unhealthy friendships

Post by astraldreamer Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:56 pm

my dad struggles with this, he is always getting caught up in family arguments and going out of his way to help and please them and just ends up getting upset and hurt.

I too used to be this way but im a lot stronger now, I feel we all have a limit of how much stress our hearts an brains can cope with and so in the end I just had to cut ties with certain people.

I always tell my dad not to get involved or to not worry but he has a big heart and makes family a priority no matter what, which isn't a bad thing, I too hve a big heart but my motto is to only be there for people who are there for me back, family or not.

wont necessarily cut them off althogether but I wont be breaking my back to go out of my way to help or support them if they don't appreciate it or if its all one sided.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am