Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Curious Inquiery 5nvklj

Curious Inquiery 9tpt39

2 posters

Curious Inquiery

Faldon113
    Faldon113
    Full  Member

Times User Thanked: : 0

Curious Inquiery Empty Curious Inquiery

Post by Faldon113 Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:37 pm

All my life, there have been two constants in my dreams. The first is that they always revolve around some form of violence. i.e. I'm being hunted, I'm fighting in a war, in a couple I've been a murderer. But the other is the recurring motif of orcas in captivity. Other animals come and go, but the orcas keep coming back, and I'm always desperate to reach them. The violence I can deal with, but I feel like the orcas are trying to tell me something. Thoughts? Anyone?
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4775
    Times User Thanked: : 921

Curious Inquiery Empty Re: Curious Inquiery

Post by Cloud Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:11 am

Faldon113 wrote:All my life, there have been two constants in my dreams. The first is that they always revolve around some form of violence. i.e. I'm being hunted, I'm fighting in a war, in a couple I've been a murderer. But the other is the recurring motif of orcas in captivity. Other animals come and go, but the orcas keep coming back, and I'm always desperate to reach them. The violence I can deal with, but I feel like the orcas are trying to tell me something. Thoughts? Anyone?

Hi Faldon

Welcome to the site, great to have you join us

Very interesting, though i'm sorry to hear about the recurring theme. That sounds quite horrid , I can't imagine having those dreams all the time. Do hope you are ok. I don't really do dream analysis but a couple of the other moderators here are brilliant at them, they could probably help with the meaning of the violence dreams (fighting, war)

as for the Orca Whale, i'd see this as a very positive omen.
    The Orca is a positive omen of protection. I'd say the Orcas appearing in your dreams are reminding you that you are protected in your day to day life. I also found this for you:

''The Native Orca Symbol Orca or Killer Whales symbolizes family, romance, longevity, harmony, travel, community and protection. He is said to protect those who travel away from home, and lead them back when the time comes.''

Source

Dragon (one of the admins who is great with dream analysis) told me that water can represent emotion. Putting the Orca (Protection) and ocean (emotions) together, then the Orcas being in captivity. It may represent you feeling emotionally trapped in some way? can you relate to that?

Do you feel over-protected? do you feel someone is being overly protective of you?

Let me know what you think?

Do you have any ideas why you may be having these dreams? I don't want to pry at all but are they possibly connected to fears you have? or just completely random dreams?

Take care & talk soon

Cloud
    Faldon113
    Faldon113
    Full  Member

Post by Faldon113 Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 am

Hello, Cloud. They say you should learn something new every day, and this certainly counts. I never would have guessed that orcas meant protection; I always feel sad when I see them in my dreams. Like how some people feel sad when they see starving children. It's just a deep, sharp ache that haunts me even when I wake up. My father is super protective of me and I've resented it a bit, but that's been all my life. I'm used to it. I can't think of any idea why the orca dreams come. There doesn't seem to be a trigger or reason. They just come and leave me feeling like I have to do something. After 26 years, I'm really wishing they'd just break down and tell me what they want.
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 am

Faldon113 wrote:Hello, Cloud. They say you should learn something new every day, and this certainly counts. I never would have guessed that orcas meant protection; I always feel sad when I see them in my dreams. Like how some people feel sad when they see starving children. It's just a deep, sharp ache that haunts me even when I wake up. My father is super protective of me and I've resented it a bit, but that's been all my life. I'm used to it. I can't think of any idea why the orca dreams come. There doesn't seem to be a trigger or reason. They just come and leave me feeling like I have to do something. After 26 years, I'm really wishing they'd just break down and tell me what they want.

Hi Faldon

That makes perfect sense. Yes I really do feel that the over protective one was / is a family member.
    I feel they may actually settle down now, these dreams... Reason why i say this is because once we have figured out what something is here to teach us, it usually leaves

Dreams or signs may repeat until we figure out the meaning of them.. I really hope this is the case here

I understand exactly what you are saying, when you feel there is some deeper meaning, when it affects you (just as you say, when you see starving children) it's unshakable, it stays with us.. yet is confusing at times as we can't place it

I do think they are here to remind you that you are protected and you're more than welcome, it's what we're here for and we all learn from each other

This also may sound bizarre but are you a believer in past lives?
    It could even be possible that in a past life you spent time around Orcas.... and perhaps those in captivity

I'm still 'on the fence' over whether I believe in past lives. I keep an open mind, undecided. But I do know that many others report having dreams similar to this with the orcas, and waking up with that feeling.
    A friend of mine would dream of being surrounded by people who were very sick, she believes in a past life that she passed of a (now preventable) disease. I forget the name of it but she would dream of this place so often and wake up feeling so sad. After a past life regression she was able to link the dreams as being past life memories.

Just thought I would add that there as food for thought. I do think they may settle down as the meaning is understood? not sure, I hope so!

Looking forward to what the others may think too

hugs

Also... Look into Animal Totems/Spirit Animals. That might help explain the symbolism of them and the teachings of whales. I have some totem cards and would be happy to type up whale teachings tomorrow if that would help ?

Take care  joyful

Cloud
    Faldon113
    Faldon113
    Full  Member

Post by Faldon113 Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:49 am

I would actually be really interested in reading a whale teaching, so long as it isn't a bother to make up. And I've looked up the orcas a few times, in the meaning and spiritual sense, but they are so varied and contradictory that I'm never sure what to believe.

I'm not sure I believe in past lives, though whenever I try the meditation I always seem to get a feeling of being a knight. Leaving that aside, I've often wondered if the orca is because I'm part Native American. I'm Comanchee and a member of the Wolf Cherokee clan. Only thing is, both of those tribes lived on the plains, not the coast.
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:02 am

Faldon113 wrote:I would actually be really interested in reading a whale teaching, so long as it isn't a bother to make up. And I've looked up the orcas a few times, in the meaning and spiritual sense, but they are so varied and contradictory that I'm never sure what to believe.

I'm not sure I believe in past lives, though whenever I try the meditation I always seem to get a feeling of being a knight. Leaving that aside, I've often wondered if the orca is because I'm part Native American. I'm Comanchee and a member of the Wolf Cherokee clan. Only thing is, both of those tribes lived on the plains, not the coast.

We have a member here named Dragon, I believe she is also Cherokee Native, She should see this post tomorrow & I feel it would be great to see what she thinks :) she's wonderful with animal teachings
    , meanings of dreams and knows far more on Native History than I do

Also, that wont be a bother at all to do that for you, of course I will
    The deck I use is also Native, which is why I prefer them to the endless results on google, as you say, they can be so contradictory it can just make it all more confusing....

Dragon is great, if I see her online i'll show her this thread as I feel that must mean something

Cloud
    Faldon113
    Faldon113
    Full  Member

Post by Faldon113 Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:04 am

Thank you for all your help, Cloud. It really means a lot to me.
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:08 am

Faldon113 wrote:Thank you for all your help, Cloud. It really means a lot to me.

Thank you for joining us hugs2 freedom

You're welcome, glad to be able to help

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am