There might once have been life on the moon, study finds 5nvklj

There might once have been life on the moon, study finds 9tpt39

There might once have been life on the moon, study finds

Cloud
Cloud
Admin

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 3981
Times User Thanked: : 161

There might once have been life on the moon, study finds Empty There might once have been life on the moon, study finds

Post by Cloud on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Today, the surface of the moon is dry, dusty and uninhabitable – but in its distant past, our satellite might have had pools of water on the surface… and alien life.

In fact, there are two times in the moon’s early history when there could have been life on the surface, Washington State University researchers say.

During those periods, there might have been pools of liquid water on the surface – where life could have thrived.

The research centred on two periods: just after the moon formed from a debris disc four billion years ago, and during a peak in lunar volcanic activity around 3.5 billion years ago.

During both periods, planetary scientists think the moon was spewing out large quantities of superheated volatile gases, including water vapor, from its interior.

‘It looks very much like the moon was habitable at this time,’ said lead author Dirk Schulze-Makuch

‘There could have actually been microbes thriving in water pools on the moon until the surface became dry and dead.’

Schulze-Makuch hopes that future moon missions could determine if life arose on the moon – or arrived from elsewhere.

One promising line of inquiry for any future space missions would be to obtain samples from deposits from the period of heightened volcanic activity to see if they contained water or other possible markers of life.

Source

Loyal Member
Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Virgo Posts : 638
Times User Thanked: : 41

There might once have been life on the moon, study finds Empty Re: There might once have been life on the moon, study finds

Post by astraldreamer on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:36 pm

I believe there are life on other planets, even if different from us, just like we class beings on other planets as aliens, maybe we are aliens to them.

out of the planets and those yet to be discovered I find it hard to think earth is the only one that has life.
Cloud
Cloud
Admin

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 3981
Times User Thanked: : 161

There might once have been life on the moon, study finds Empty Re: There might once have been life on the moon, study finds

Post by Cloud on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:41 pm

definitely Astraldreamer

If only we knew.. i'm convinced there are many forms of life out there maybe even some among us, as far out as it sounds. I believe they are intelligent as well, vs little microbes somewhere, they are probably similar to us in more ways than one. I never had a feeling they were hostile either, probably as curious about us as we are them.

Haha maybe they pick up on the ISS and wonder the same, what the heck is that.. who knows, but I keep an open mind

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:38 pm