Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate? 5nvklj

Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate? 9tpt39

3 posters

Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate?

astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Virgo Posts : 638
    Times User Thanked: : 41

Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate? Empty Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate?

Post by astraldreamer Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:31 pm

I have always struggled to visualise when trying to meditate, its like I close my eyes and can relax with no problem but I quickly slip into a place where I am awake, deeply relaxed but also start dreaming, Its hard to explain, but just recently ive been discovering that using visualisation isn't the only way to meditate, here are a few ideas I have tried and am thinking of trying.

water

I personally feel at one with water, especially the bluest sea, here where I live the water is brown and I don't seem to connect to it, it needs to be blue for me, I don't like to be in it, just to watch the waves , hear the waves and when I close my eyes near the water I feel totally relaxed and I can get into a very meditive state just by day dreaming at it.

Trees , flowers, grass

just lay down near some beautiful flowers and watch them, smell them, watch bees and insects on them, just daydream at them and you may find you are deeply relaxed.
    I tried gazing at a tree the other day and found myself needing to touch it, when I touched it I closed my eyes and felt connected to the tree, even thought I felt it vibrating but that could have just been my imagination lol.

crystals, stones
    some people find that holding crystals in their hand whilst trying to meditate can help them to relax, I like to have a few different crystals in my hand that I rotate as I am trying to relax.

use your third eye

sometimes when I find it hard to visualise when meditating I use my third eye, I just focus on the are between my eyes on my forehead, and find it easier to try to think of a colour to appear there, blue or purple works for me, maybe if you try it you may find it easier to go from that to visualising what you want to see.

use music, or nature sounds.

most sites will tell you that you need complete silence to meditate but I don't think that is the case, for example my autistic daughter has to listen to music full blast with her headphones at school as this helps her concentrate.
    so maybe in some people certain sounds may help, its all about experimenting and finding what works for you.

story telling

this is what is really working foe me at the moment and my visualisation has been improving as well.
    im not good at visualising but I am good at writing, so once I close my eyes rather than trying to see myself in a garden or by the sea, I start to tell myself a story of what I want to see, so if I want to be at the beach.

ill start by describing myself leaving the house, ill describe the weather, and then just describe what I see as I am walking or travelling to the beach and what has been happening is because I am writing the story as I go along and im so relaxed I have been finding myself literally dreaming of what im describing whilst im still awake.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1255

Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate? Empty Re: Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate?

Post by Dragon Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate? E192df20289c8017f1cf94ad0c6b8a3b

hugs  :love:  astraldreamer  :love:  hugs    :goodpost:

Meditation comes in many forms.

For me, it is being open for everything, registering, but, not absorbing.

Seeing / feeling all angles without bias or attachment.

All perceptions, thoughts, feelings, memory, sound, smell, etc., are seen for what they are.

It is, as well, very grounding.

Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate? Empty Re: Do you struggle to visualise when trying to meditate?

Post by astraldreamer Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:06 pm

thank you dragon, I agree
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Full  Member

Male Posts : 4
    Times User Thanked: : 4

Post by Dandelion Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 am

Hi astraldreamer,

There are two basic aproach to meditation: Ego-Meditation and Non-Ego Meditation, from which various types of meditation have evolved.

If during meditation willingly direct and hold your consciousness in a specific way (visualization, breathing control, retention of physical body positions) on a semi-forced or fully-forced way, then this type of meditation corresponds to the Ego-type of meditation.

If you are completely open during meditation, without any "demands" and intentions towards the field of spiritual, then depending on the degree of your own sensitivity and the dominant sensory system, you will begin to feel a certain energy "respond" in the form of sensation of a different spiritual degree.

Depending on the nature of the structure of their own consciousness, each person will spontaneously choose one of these two approaches to meditation.
    astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:32 pm

Dandelion wrote:Hi astraldreamer,

There are two basic aproach to meditation: Ego-Meditation and Non-Ego Meditation, from which various types of meditation have evolved.

If during meditation willingly direct and hold your consciousness in a specific way (visualization, breathing control, retention of physical body positions) on a semi-forced or fully-forced way, then this type of meditation corresponds to the Ego-type of meditation.

If you are completely open during meditation, without any "demands" and intentions towards the field of spiritual, then depending on the degree of your own sensitivity and the dominant sensory system, you will begin to feel a certain energy "respond" in the form of sensation of a different spiritual degree.

Depending on the nature of the structure of their own consciousness, each person will spontaneously choose one of these two approaches to meditation.

hi dandelion i didn't quite understand what u meant but thank you
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Full  Member

Male Posts : 4
    Times User Thanked: : 4

Post by Dandelion Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:41 am

Hello astraldreamer,

We wanted to emphasize that one group of people has an active approach to the field of spiritual development, which they do by using visualization, concentration and similar spiritual development techniques that require some thoughtful and willing participation. This group of spiritual seekers tends to "create" certain parapsychological-spiritual phenomena and situations.

The second group of spiritual seekers, apart from occupying a bodily posture for meditation, is doing nothing, but being fully receptive to what they may feel as the "response" of the field of spirituality. Therefore, depending on the degree of their own receptivity to energies and the dominant sensory type*, they can sense energies and energetic phenomena such as: rotation some of their own chakras, seeing the aura of others people and the like.

* Of the five senses, during the perception of the reality that surrounds us, as well as during the process of recollection, the three senses are dominant: visual, auditory and kinesthetic-tactile. In each person one of those three senses is dominant.
    astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Dandelion wrote:Hello astraldreamer,

We wanted to emphasize that one group of people has an active approach to the field of spiritual development, which they do by using visualization, concentration and similar spiritual development techniques that require some thoughtful and willing participation. This group of spiritual seekers tends to "create" certain parapsychological-spiritual phenomena and situations.

The second group of spiritual seekers, apart from occupying a bodily posture for meditation, is doing nothing, but being fully receptive to what they may feel as the "response" of the field of spirituality. Therefore, depending on the degree of their own receptivity to energies and the dominant sensory type*, they can sense energies and energetic phenomena such as: rotation some of their own chakras, seeing the aura of others people and the like.

* Of the five senses, during the perception of the reality that surrounds us, as well as during the process of recollection, the three senses are dominant: visual, auditory and kinesthetic-tactile. In each person one of those three senses is dominant.

hi dandelion thank you for that explanation i understand now and i am the second
    astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Dandelion wrote:Hello astraldreamer,

hi dandelion thank you for that explanation i understand now and i am the second

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 am