Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. 5nvklj

Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. 9tpt39

3 posters

Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses.

Poll

Do you believe Pot should be Legalized worldwide for medical usage?

[ 4 ]
    Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. I_vote_lcap100%Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. I_vote_lcap0%Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. I_vote_lcap0%Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4775
    Times User Thanked: : 921

Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. Empty Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses.

Post by Cloud Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:06 am

What are your thoughts ?

In some states, cannabis has been legalized. We're really behind , here in the UK

I and others close to me have been on strong pain relief for years and I can only pray that someday it'll be legal over here to help us with pain, it would be much safer on the body when you think of 10yrs of pain meds daily vs 1-2 smokes a day. I have friends in the US who are not able to obtain strong pain relief which they need and I know they would like to see it legalized in their states. I feel hopeful that other states will follow through will legalizing it. As for those of us in the UK/Scotland/Ireland , I can only pray.

What are your thoughts?. There are many health benefits, for epilepsy, fibromyalgia,  parkinsons, cancer insomnia, anorexia even.....anxiety. The List is endless

Quality over quantity.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1246

Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. Empty Re: Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses.

Post by Dragon Wed May 02, 2018 5:25 am

Marijuana is non-toxic and has never caused a fatal overdose in over 7,000 years of recorded human use. Its greatest harm is the arrest, incarceration, created by prohibition.

The states that have legalized, marijuana arrests have plummeted, crime has decreased, and youth use hasn’t budged.

Heres another way to look at it: Why should we continue to give business opportunities to violent criminals who don’t pay taxes and follow no regulations?

Legalization moves weed sales into secure, adults-only stores and reduces the profit potential for illegal sales.

Why should a disabled person in poverty or a sick person suffering a condition not covered by law be treated as a criminal for using an herb safer than over-the-counter aspirin or cough syrup?

America is suffering from an opioid overdose epidemic. Legal pharmaceutical drugs kill more people annually than all illegal drugs combined. Marijuana is an herb one can grow at little cost and use to replace over 17 popular pharmaceutical medications. Legalizing marijuana will literally save the lives of countless patients.

Prohibition doesn’t control marijuana—prohibition is the absence of control. States under prohibition gain nothing from it and spend money, time, and resources enforcing it. The states that have legalized marijuana have already reaped over $200 million in combined tax revenue, while saving money in the police department, courts, prisons, parole and probation offices, and other agencies that are burdened by pot prosecutions.

But despite putting legal marijuana “on the menu,” the roads are safer than ever, overall driving fatalities are down, workplace productivity is up, problematic dependence on marijuana is unchanged, and millions of dollars in tax revenue are rolling in. In Colorado alone, legalization has created over 18,000 jobs and contributed over $2.5 billion to the state economy.

Source

Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses. Empty Re: Poll/Discussion. Legalizing Cannabis for Medical Uses.

Post by Cloud Wed May 02, 2018 1:19 pm

Couldn't have put it better

I agree its safer than half of the synthetic opioids they are prescribing most, for pain conditions. Those alone cause so many accidental deaths through accidental overdosing/side effects/eventual addiction & toxicity.

I believe it should be available through prescription at least, for those who clearly have medical complaints it could support. Pain, terminally ill , incurable and chronic diseases

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:00 pm

I read in the paper this week that medical grade cannabis will soon be offered on prescription in the uk

clapping it didn't say when, but if any of you are familiar with the little boy who recently had it approved to save his life with treatment resistant seizures, that family have really helped them to consider legalizing it.

I hope over the next few years they'll roll it out for wider uses, like pain, depression ,insomnia, anxiety, things like this. I believe CBD can help a lot of ailments

astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Virgo Posts : 638
    Times User Thanked: : 41

Post by astraldreamer Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:47 pm

I truly believe cannabis is the best pain relief, I believe it effects some people negatively maybe because that is just the way the are anyway, maybe they would have ended up with those problems even if they didn't smoke weed.

people can smoke it and be functional, my dad is a Rastafarian and has been smoking it since he is 8 years old and he does what he needs to do, not married and even when he was he did all the cooking, cleaning etc etc, it keeps him calm and relaxed. just takes a few tokes every twenty mins or so through out the day.

now my eldest daughters dad used to smoke it allin one go to get a massive high and then would not be fuctional.

cannabis is a natural plant, grows naturally all over Jamaica.

I truly believe it can be a cure for many things if not a cure a good ailment, I do not think it will ever be legally allowed because the nhs will use too much money, a big majority of people smoke it sothey knw that most people will go ahead and just smoke it rather than get a weakened version from the doctor.

in my 8 years of having fibromyalgia, nothing has taken away my pain except when I have had a little of my dads smoke.

what makes it bad for people is the fact that some dealers mix it with oher things that make it toxic, or they feed the cannabis plants with things that induce it to have a stronger natural high.
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Yeah I agree with you astral

Some bodies just will never be able to tolerate it as with most things, but that's not to say it's bad for everyone. Especially with the high THC if you're genetically predisposed to things like schizophrenia or manic depression, maybe not a good idea but yes I see the good it does for people.

I know a couple, they are in their mid 30s and the husband/father has just been diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer. This was around 2 months ago. The couple spoke to the oncologist and were completely honest that they wanted to trial out CBD. She told tem she couldn't really comment or say anything, it was their choice and their business, and she remided them there is no dosage help or anything for them. So they went off and they trialled this .. I can't quote word for word but they go on a scale to decide if it's terminal and how long he has left. He was told 1 year max, 2 months ago. 2 months of taking cbd daily he's gone from a score of 17 right down to a 9 or something crazy like that. Now a dr in London feels they may have good chances to remove the remaining cancer surgically. They are even repeating the scans to check there was that much of a spread in the first place. They both are confident it was the CBD helping. I also can't comment much on it because I am only sharing what 've seen but I do believe in it all around.

I know it helps a lot of fibromyalgia patients and I think for this group of us who are finding no relief with pain meds we should be able to purchase it, I just pray they allow it soon. Canada is now legalizing it and I hope the UK will follow

Even if not for pain and so on, ii would still find it a relief to see it being used in hospices to help calm people. Other drugs are very effective at helping those who are dying to breathe better, stay calm and comfortable but at the same time they make a person drowsy which can panic them further. They have side effects too. CBD very little side effects if any

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am