Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

dreaded school meeting 5nvklj

dreaded school meeting 9tpt39

2 posters

dreaded school meeting

astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Virgo Posts : 638
    Times User Thanked: : 41

dreaded school meeting Empty dreaded school meeting

Post by astraldreamer Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:36 am

so the day has finally come for the dreaded re admission school meeting for jj.

she was excluded because she left school early on the last day of her intervention week, she left because she heard a few other students say that they were allowed to leave early, and also over heard a teacher telling one student that they could leave early, so jj thought that she could too.

this is a easy mistake that even a non autistic child could have made, but instead of sitting her down and explaining it to her or maybe just give her a detention, they excluded her for 2 days, the letter sent refers to my child as defiant and as someone who makes poor choices.

she also didn't attend the full intervention week as she has had a ongoing health issue since boxing day and a little bullying which the school also fail to understand.

I received the appointment letter just as she broke up from school in july and its been looming over me like a bad storm the whole summer.

ive been quite calm about it but today I am anxious as hell and feel sick.

I am going to try and ring the national autistic society today to see if they can give me any tips on how to deal with the school, because I want the school to understand I am not trying to fight against the school, I am just trying to get the school to stop fighting against my daughter.

and that I understand that their job is to make sure she is in school and learning and following their rules, but that they also need to understand that as her mum its my job to make sure she is happy and healthy and getting the support that she needs.

we both have a job to do regarding my daughter and if we cant compromise on this then we are going to have a big problem because I am at my limits end with it all.

I tried to get a supportive letter from the doctor, he just said they don't write those sorts of letters, but I have her occupational therapy report that states all of her sensory needs are more or much more than others of the same age.
    im also going to bring her social communication report from when she was being diagnosed which shows she has a severe difficulty with communication and that she scored 17 on the ados- 2 test,

somebody from send partnership is attending the meeting as well as jjs social worker from the disabled team.

my friend is also coming with me.

we have a list of things we want to discuss and also I found out that the social worker offered the school support in understanding jjs autism, the school refused this and I will be demanding to know why.

Also the senco at the school assure me that they do understand autism but that they can not accommodate for every single one of jjs needs, I want to knw why.

surely if a mainstream school is accepting disabled students then they need to be able to support them fully? not pick and choose which needs they want to support that day, she needs consistency and from all of the teachers and not just when they feel like it.

I am hoping to stay calm, put my points across as well as trying to get them to understand my child, but I have a very low tolerance for them not listening to me and continually labelling my child as someone who is defiant and one who is making pure choices because they have missed a lot of school because of mainly illness and a little bullying.

if they continue to not listen to me and be oppositional im afraid mummy tiger will be out to play.

any tips or advice please would be very great ful

please pray for me today im gonna need it lol.

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4780
    Times User Thanked: : 924

dreaded school meeting Empty Re: dreaded school meeting

Post by Cloud Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:38 am

When is/was this astral???

Any update?

hugs So glad your friend is going with you

Astraldreamer wrote:but I have her occupational therapy report that states all of her sensory needs are more or much more than others of the same age.
    im also going to bring her social communication report from when she was being diagnosed which shows she has a severe difficulty with communication and that she scored 17 on the ados- 2 test,

Good, that's vital you show them this right away

Sadly they will always look to other authorative figures for answers despite you being her mother ... it bugs me a lot too..... but I hope they'll listen to you, or did listen to you and take into account her Autism

I know many parents of autistic children struggle as you are
    You're all in our prayers always and we're here for you

hugs you've done a great job so far in raising your girls, regardless of what anybody says or thinks. Trust it. You know you have... !!!!

Quality over quantity.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:03 am

thanks cloud it was on the 3rd. but was just a readmission meeting. gotta make a senco appointment for all the other stuff. sigh
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 am

I hope everything goes well for you both. It's about time you all had some good news and I understand how stressful all these meetings are. I have them coming out of my ears too and it just gets so frustrating. I'm lighting a Candle for you and JJ and if it helps, I have a positive feeling for you both with the senco ❤
    I think it's gotten to a point where they can't not listen now and in my personal opinion they should be writing you an apology!
    Good luck and we are here for you

hugs

astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:34 pm

your psychicness is on the ball today cloud, funny you messaged on this post today cus the meeting is tomorrow lol, thank u, im bloody dreading it.

is the medium class tomorrow night or thurs I forget?
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:38 pm

I knew it was, which is why I was drawn to this post first thing. You are not alone! we are all with you!!

it's on the 27th ❤

Deep breaths in the morning ok? I feel it's going to go well. A female social worker? I feel there's a new lady on the scene, whether that's a new head of year or a new tutor , something good will come of it. I feel they will, at this point, be fearing any backlash as really your reasons are justified and if any errors have occurred it's probably to do with the GP not being specific enough - but don't stress, it will be sorted out kisses kisses

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Cloud Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Remember what Dragon said

You are mama-bear. But keep calm and collected, you have to make sure you explain things well, when we're stressed it's hard. But meditate a bit and ask the Angels to join as well ok ?
    will JJ be going? I bet she is worried as well, poor thing. It is stressful, they can be quite nasty and intimidating. You both don't need that with the way your health is right now. Hopefully they will support you. This new tutor seems very positive. I'm assuming tutor may be different to her one from last year, not sure it works like that anymore, do they rotate? either way there's a new person on the team who will have new insight that isn't to point the finger at you two

Hugs

astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:03 pm

thank you yes jj is going but she's ok.
    yes there's two new deputy head teachers that are claiming to sort things for her and yes jj social worker is female.
    you are so great cloud.
    I'll be sure to post how it all goes
    that's if I don't get arrested for losing the plot finally lol x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 pm