Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

How many of you notice the following? 5nvklj

How many of you notice the following? 9tpt39

3 posters

How many of you notice the following?

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4780
    Times User Thanked: : 924

How many of you notice the following? Empty How many of you notice the following?

Post by Cloud Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Curious how many of you notice or can relate to the following as an Empath

[1] Having empathic illness or symptoms - experiencing physical pain of others in sympathy.

[2] Knowing when someone is pregnant, as you have sympathetic symptoms with them ie cravings.

[3] Struggle in friendships and relationships as others don't really seem to understand the way you work/think/are.

[4] Are a survivor of Trauma in the past or had a tough upbringing?.

[5] Are extra-sensitive to foods, medicines, weather ie- feeling it in your bones (weather), having extreme allergies, or intolerances to meds or other foods.

[6] Feeling very peaceful around animals, you'd rather be in their company half the time

[7] You like to be alone? (or) you are very selective and have only few close friends , as you know they wont drain you?

[8] Frequently cry for strangers as you feel so awful for the way they are having to live / crying at the news/ inability 5o listen to certain kinds of music

[9] You prefer being a night-owl, as you feel it's less draining at night?

[10] You feel a very strong pull to  mother nature, to the Earth. Outdoors  in nature feels like Home

[11] You are not very materialistic at all, you are a minimalist if anything or very selective about your surroundings, feeling drawn to softer/soothing colours?

[12] You feel drawn to a career that means you are tending / supporting others who are vulnerable - children, elderly, sick, those fleeing abuse, those with terminal illness, or those who are homeless etc.

[13] You find many come to you with their problems , even if you have only just met, they automatically trust you?

[14] You don't have many friends remaining through your choice, but the ones you do have are like family to you?

[15] You hate racism so much, you see other human beings just as they are, the same as yourself

[16] You have frequent mood swings?

[17] You struggle to sleep?

[18] You are VERY sensitive to energies including those on a Full Moon or when Mercury is in Retrograde?

[19] You'd say you are very protective of everyone around you who is dear to you?

[20] You hate injustice, you are happy seeing when justice comes to the innocent/you actively take part in things to help those who have been treated unfairly - Ie Signing petitions in your spare time, going to peaceful-protests, or actively helping those who need it

[21] You suffer with a physical pain condition, or a painful condition such as fibromyalgia or other conditions?. (I'll explain later why I put this one here)

Quality over quantity.✌️
    astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Virgo Posts : 638
    Times User Thanked: : 41

How many of you notice the following? Empty Re: How many of you notice the following?

Post by astraldreamer Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:41 pm

I have most of these
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1255

How many of you notice the following? Empty Re: How many of you notice the following?

Post by Dragon Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:41 pm

3 Types of Empath and What They Mean

Psychologist Mark Davis has suggested that there are 3 important types of empathy.

The first is a purely "cognitive" form of empathy that his termed "Perspective-Taking."

This is being able to see things from another's point of view. Putting yourself in someone else's shoes. It is important to better understand where someone is coming from, but it's not what we typically think of as empathy.

A second type of empathy, "Personal Distress." Personal distress is literally feeling another's emotions. When you are watching a scary movie, and you start to empathize with the hero and feel afraid, that is personal distress in action.

You are actually feeling the other's emotion through a process called "emotional contagion." The actor, or another person, is actually "infecting" you with their emotion.

We all experience personal distress, but too much of it may not be a good thing. Some people are so prone to feeling other's emotional states that they are battered about by the feelings and emotions of others (thus the label of "distress").

Third type of empathy: Empathic Concern.
    This type is what we most often think about when we hear the term "empathy." It is the ability to recognize another's emotional state, feel in tune with that emotional state, and if it is a negative/distressful emotion, feel and show appropriate concern.

These 3 types of empathy represent different aspects of our personalities. A person high in perspective-taking may be good at understanding others' points of view, but may not get very involved in others' emotions. An individual high on personal distress will, as suggested, be prone to experience others' emotional states, which has good and not-so-good aspects.

In reality, we all have some level of each of the types of empathy. The key is to understand the ways that we are empathic with others, and to realize the strengths and limitations of each type of empathy.

Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:30 pm

whenever I read about the different types of empathy, I can never put myself in one group, is it possible to be more than one type?
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4780
    Times User Thanked: : 924

Post by Cloud Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:11 pm

hugs Astral

Yes

I agree
    I'd say it must be possible

Dragon and I were talking about this in chat earlier, she mentioned about being able to relate to them all and even more
    Me too... I relate to them all and more, looks like that makes three of us. Still it's nice to have it explained, I can really relate to the emotional contagion part

Quality over quantity.✌️
    astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Post by astraldreamer Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:34 pm

that's good to know we could be more than one type. been reading about star children since youre post earlier an im confused lol.

I don't know if I am a empath or a crystal child, I literally resonate wit both fully, though due to my age im apparently too old to be a crystal child and fit into the indigo child range, born 1979 but I don't have that warrior fighter spirit, I don't like to fight I like peace, I am stubborn and strong willed though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 am